Christmas is a busy time of year for everyone – particularly business owners, as they juggle the demands of customers and staff. As a franchisee, you have added responsibilities to maintain the brand standards across your business and ensure customer satisfaction.
However, don’t panic – balancing the demands of customers and business operations can be challenging, but it is also doable.
MSI Taylor has below 5 tips to help you manage it all this festive season.
1. Prepare for change
- Christmas is a time for change, whether it’s in customer expectations or seasonal promotions. To help ensure your business is up to speed, make sure you’re prepared and ready for any changes that are coming your way. This could include extra staff training, promotional materials, and additional stock.
2. Stock Up
- Don’t get caught short when the Christmas rush arrives – stock up on supplies to make sure you’re prepared for the influx of customers. If you’re a restaurant, increase your food supplies to meet demand; if you’re retail, remember to restock popular items like toys and decorations. This will help ensure your customers are getting the best experience possible, and as a business owner, it helps you to be more profitable.
3. Understand your Staff
- Christmas can be a challenging time staffing-wise, so it is important to get the roster right and make sure you have enough staff to meet the demands of your customers. You may need some additional staff members such as Christmas Casuals to ensure an excellent customer experience, and as a business owner, you need to ensure you try to fill any identified gaps in staffing.
4. Embrace Technology
- Is your business still relying on manual processes like pen and paper? It may be time to explore new technologies that can help streamline your operations, such as automated ordering systems or staff scheduling software. Not only will this improve efficiency and accuracy, but it can also help you save time and money, so you can focus your attention where it’s more needed.
5. Cash Flow Management
- The extra costs associated with Christmas can make cash flow management a challenge, so it is important to get ahead and plan for the upcoming period. MSI Taylor can help you manage your finances and ensure you have enough capital available to cover all costs throughout the Christmas period. We can monitor your cash flow to see how your business is tracking, and provide advice on how to maximize your profits – to help ensure your Christmas is a merry one!
By following these simple tips, you can ensure a smooth and successful Christmas for your franchise.
At MSI Taylor, we understand the unique challenges of running a business during Christmas. Our team is here to help you navigate the festive season with ease.
From budgeting advice to cash flow, chat to MSI Taylor Accountants and Advisors today for tailored advice that can help make your business more profitable this holiday season.