Each year all businesses, regardless of size, must prepare financial statements and lodge income tax returns.
At MSI Taylor, we understand that current, reliable accounts are critical to running a successful business. Simply gathering the information in a few hectic days prior to 30 June is no longer sufficient.
Quarterly financial statements aligned with quarterly business activity statements (BAS) lodgements, allows us to monitor how your business is progressing throughout the year.
Other areas we can assist in:
- Financial statement preparation
- Individual and business tax returns
- GST preparation and advice
- Payroll preparation and advice (see Bookkeeping for more info)
- Budgeting and cash flow preparation
- Trust advice and financial statements
- Software and IT system recommendations, installations, customisations, training and support. As an authorised supplier of Xero, QuickBooks and MYOB software we can provide assistance with all aspects of the products. See our Cloud Accounting Software page for more information.
With the ever-changing horizons concerning tax and other legislation, it is vital businesses operate through the most effective business and investment structure.
We can assist in:
- Income tax preparation, review & planning
- Capital Gains Tax (CGT)
- Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT)
- A wide range of indirect tax issues and obligations, including:
- Land tax
- Stamp duty
- Goods and services tax
- Tax audit defence strategies
- Negotiations with revenue authorities
- Employment Obligations such as:
- Fringe benefits tax
- Payroll tax
- Work cover
- Superannuation guarantee
Business Re-Structuring & Analysis
Change is imperative as a business moves through different stages. Our specialist team works with you through these various phases of the business life-cycle.
Reviewing your business structure to ensure it is optimal for your circumstances is an important part of this process.
Some things to consider are:
- taxation, both state and federal,
- liability issues and
- future business plans.
Tax Planning is one of the key services we can provide.
A crucial but often overlooked strategy that, if well executed within the boundaries of the current legislation, can mean the difference between meeting your tax obligations and being totally unprepared. No one wants to find themselves scrambling for funds to pay an unexpected tax debt.
Having a strategy in place requires specialised knowledge of taxation legislation, the ability to formulate action plans, and the skills to provide advice in clear terms which will enable you to make a decision.
Meet our Accounting & Tax specialist, Shane Thomas
Shane is our most recent partner to join the practice, having started in March 2020. He has been in public practice since 2006 having previously run his own firm in regional Queensland.
Get in contact with our trusted advisors today!