Well, Xerocon 2015 has been and gone, and it was another great event. Some of the team from MSI Taylor were there to learn about the latest features and add-ons to Xero so that we can share them with our clients. Here are some of the highlights.
- The theme of this year’s event was “the financial web” and it was all about connecting small businesses with the tools they need to thrive. Some of the global partners now working with Xero to make life easier for business owners include Dropbox, Adobe, Insightly and more.
- The panel session hosted by David Koch on what it takes to start and grow a startup was truly inspiring. We came away with lots of practical ideas we look forward to sharing with clients.
- A great new app for Xero payroll users was launched. Called Xero Me, it allows users to submit and manage leave requests as well as check payslips via their iPhone. Given that everyone is going mobile, we thought this was a fantastic development.
- There were a number of special offers deigned to help businesses get up and running including Xero Booster, a new program for startups/sole traders which offers not only a discounted rate but also practical advice on growing your business. There was also a special offer of a free 12 month premium service with Sendle which is an affordable option for sending parcels.
- Of course, it wasn’t all serious presentations and learning new stuff. We also got a laugh watching the Dancing Accountant. Don’t believe accountants can dance? Check out the video here.